Art Zone 4 hour half day camps are fun and exciting with new ideas and creative experimentation happening every day.
Each day, our dynamic instructors guide children step by step through the process of creating a wonderful art project, paying close attention to individual interests and abilities.
In addition to our guided projects, your child will enjoy so many other open ended rich play activities including: Clay Table, Finger Painting, Spray Bottle Painting, Goop Table, Dress Up, Sand and Water-room Kitchen. Throughout the year we offer our favorite projects such as Magic Finger-painting, Rainbow Stencils, Wood Collage, Heart Collages, Beading, Shrinky Dinks, Face painting, clay boxes and coil pots, etc. Most importantly, we are looking forward to watching the kids invent their own favorite projects. Hope you can join us.
Release of Liability – Download PDF
Summer Camps run all summer long. beginning when the public school district ends, until the Friday before Labor Day. Registration remains open until the day is full.
- Camps are 4 hours and include lunch, snacks, and a frozen treat.
- You can sign up for one day, or purchase a discount 5 pack.
- You build your own schedule. because you pick your days on the calendar. Any 5 days will do. Your days do not have to be consecutive.
- Remember to sign up early and receive 15% off when you register by April 30. Save 10% when you register by May 31.
For schedule, pricing and registration, please choose your location.
Art camps are offered on Veterans Day and the week of Thanksgiving starting at 1
Art camps are offered during winter break, Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday and Presidents Day. starting at 10 AM – 2 PM. Please contact each venue regarding extended hours. Extended Care hours are $10/hour/child.
Art camps are offered during Spring break holiday and in West Los Angeles on Cesar Chavez Holiday. starting at 10 AM – 2 PM. Please contact each venue regarding extended hours. Extended Care hours are $10/hour/child.
- Camps are for ages 3 and up.
- Most kids are dropped off Occasionally, a parent or babysitter stays for the fun.
- Camps have small child/teacher ratios. Ages 3 to 6 have one teacher for every 6 kids. Ages 7 and up have one teacher for every 10 kids
- Art Zone provides lunch and all snacks (Pizza, pasta, fruit, water, pretzels). Your children may have snack anytime. You are welcome to bring food from home if it will better meet the needs of your child.
- Children do not need to be potty trained. Please let us know if your child needs assistance with potty reminders. If your child is in diapers, please put name on diapers and bring wipes.
- Please bring extra clothes if your child likes to play in the water/sand kitchen. Please put your child’s name on all clothing, backpacks and bags. Water sandals or crocks are recommended.
- Art Work: Some kids use their creative time making projects, some kids use their time engaging in creative play and enjoying friendships. If your child comes home with a bag of art, we recommend unpacking it right away before things dry completely. This will give your child the opportunity to correct any “damage” that may have occurred to their work during transportation home. Please unwrap paintings to finish drying at home, and prevent paint to sticking to other items. Please examine clay sculptures and make necessary adjustments before sculptures dry completely. If you end up with many clay sculptures over the whole summer, put some in the garden outside. The clay will eventually be absorbed in the ground and the beads and treasures will float around in the soil leaving “treasures” to re-discover for years to come.
Download PDF: Release of Liability
Registration: can be completed by phone, fax, mail or in person. Fax (310) 318-6072. If you fax or mail your registration, we will call you to confirm.
Reservations: are not guaranteed until paid. At the time of registration, dates must be chosen, subject to additional fees for date changes.
Camp fees: are non refundable.
Date Changes: Once you have registered, dates may be changed with at least 48 hours notice, subject to availability and subject to administration fees. Availability is not guaranteed. Due to the high volume of schedule changes, a prepaid admin fee of $10 per day or $25 max. is required for schedule changes. If you are unable to change your dates, you may send a friend to take your child’s place.
Sick Child: We understand it is very disappointing if your child is sick on the day of camp. This year, we are unable to offer make-up camp days if you child is sick on the day of camp. We CAN offer to substitute an open studio session for YOUR CHILD AND ONE FRIEND valid for 30 days from the day of illness. Please remember, adult supervision is required for open studio.